If you're interested in the low GI diet, you probably know Bérangère Philippon from the Instagram account @0sucre_et_igbas!
We love her journey and decided to share one of our favorite snack recipes from her second book.
For 10 low GI pancakes:
- 180g finely grated apple (using a food processor or grater)
- 1 egg
- 100g vegetable milk of your choice (cashew, almond, coconut)
- 100g Greek-style sheep's yoghurt
- 40g almond powder
- 30g hulled barley flour (GI=30) or small spelt flour (GI=40)
- 30g T150 wheat flour (GI=45)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda or baking powder
👉 Mix flours, almond powder and baking soda. Pour the vegetable milk into the center, mixing gently to avoid lumps. Add the egg, then the yoghurt and finally the grated apple.
👉 Heat an oiled frying pan (olive oil) or small pancake maker. Pour in pancake-size batter. Brown on both sides.
👉 You can also replace the grated apple with no-sugar-added compote.
Enjoy plain or with a topping of your choice: 1 piece of melted 70% chocolate, 1 drizzle of acacia honey or 1 tsp hazelnut purée!
Delphine and Fanny